UP for Arts is leading a campaign to commission a
“Destination Art” piece to be located in the UP Civic
Building Atrium.Suggested Artistic Parameters
Artists will be encouraged to include the following parameters within their proposals.
Download complete project parameters and entry form
We enourage you to come back to our website to watch our progress on this project.
- Artist's interpretation of nature as a primary theme. Environmental themes or works depicting fish, birds or local wildlife are also relevant.
- Art should be complementary to the look and feel of the atrium/civic building.
- Possible use of environmentally friendly techniques and/or materials consistent with the building’s green design.
- Possible use of light, color and/or motion to enhance visibility.
- Use of durable, safe materials that are not easily vandalized and reasonably easy to maintain.
- Must not inhibit pedestrian movement within the atrium.
- Should not produce any noise.
Artists are strongly encouraged to visit the atrium before submitting proposals.
Submissions must be recieved no later than 4pm February 1, 2013.